As you seek child support in your divorce, independently in a separate legal action (such as in the case of unmarried parents), or seek to enforce a child support order, you may find yourself visiting or dealing with various local agencies. The Ward Law Firm helps you through this process so you know what to do every step of the way. But we encourage you to familiarize yourself with some of the resources and agencies that might become involved.

Georgia orders child support to ensure both parents contribute financially to the child’s well-being. If you are pursuing a divorce, you may pursue child support within your divorce action. If your divorce goes to trial, then you might have to appear at a local court house.

Gwinnett County’s Superior Court hears child support and custody cases at the Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center. The court has concurrent jurisdiction with the Juvenile Court. The addresses for each are below – but don’t worry, we’ll make sure you know when and where to arrive.


Juvenile Court Building

115 Stone Mountain Street

Lawrenceville, GA 30046


Directions to Juvenile Court. 


Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center (GJAC)

75 Langley Drive

Lawrenceville, GA 30046


Directions to the GJAC.


If you need to open a new child support case, establish paternity in order to seek child support, or enforce a child support order, we can help you apply with the Division of Child Support Services (DCSS).


Gwinnett Central Office

1000 Hurricane Shoals Road, NE Bldg A-100

Lawrenceville, GA 30043

844-MYGADHS (844-694-2347)

Directions to the Gwinnett Central Office.


You may have to involve DCSS if you are pursuing a number of child-support related goals:

  • Get a child support order
  • Modify a child support order
  • Enforce a child support order
  • Establish paternity to get child support
  • Also see our page on child custody resources in Gwinnett County.

Trying to navigate the child support system alone can be taxing. A mistake could lead to delays or unfavorable outcomes. Contact the Ward Law Firm if you are getting divorced or pursuing an independent child support action. Call 770-383-1973.